'Nefja's sister Eyfura is very sick. Without new medicine, she may not make it through the winter.'The Frail One is a sidequest that can be started after completing the quest The Plot Thickens and talking to Rurik in your home.
Enter Nefja's home and talk to her family about the illness. With a point in healing, you can assess the illness yourself but it's not necessary. Nefja will suggest making a trip to the Gydja in Ribe to acquire some medicine.
When in Ribe, enter the Gydja temple and speak to Svana about Nefja's sick sister. She will require mouldy bark from the Troll Tree which is located in the marsh.
Once in the marsh, locate the tree and you'll cut off a piece of the bark, only to then be approached by 3 people. They will demand that you hand over the bark. This conversation holds some morale changes:
- Selecting "Watch your tone..." gains morale for your conceited followers, but loses morale for open minded ones.
- Selecting "We need such a cure..." gains morale for Nefja.
- Selecting "If we fight..." will lose morale with Nefja.
- If you have leadership rank 2, you can split the bark without any morale consequences with Nefja.
Return to the Gydja in Ribe and she will make a troll tree remedy from the piece of bark you hand her. After this, return to Skjern to give Nefja's sister the remedy and for your reward.
- 5 Skill Points
- 10 Reputation with your Clansmen.
- 756 Valuables if you share the troll tree bark with the farmers. This will be received during the later quest Viking, meeting them outside of your longhouse.